Monday, October 31, 2011

The Adventure


            I think it’s funny when we say we need to say we need to “figure out” our lives (I do it all the time). The thing that I realized is that we never really figure out our lives, we can make plans that take us a few steps forward, but things change, and we change.
            I mentioned before that I was looking at internships for next summer. I'm thinking about Washington DC, San Francisco, and maybe New York.
            The thing is that I once made unnecessary sacrifices and held myself back from progressing for something else- even though it wasn’t required or asked of.  I’m going go leave this summer, and I’m not staying for anything or anyone. I don’t want this to come off in the wrong way, but this is something that I need to do. I want to be able to do this on my own, progress my career, and be independent. 
            I know that there are things that are more important than this adventure that I want to do, and sometimes there are emergencies and other circumstances, but if life comes up then I'll make it work.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment